Thursday, June 19, 2008

The road less traveled

This morning I decided to alter my route to work, just for the fun of it. My normal ride in the morning takes me from my home in Glassell Park through Silver Lake and south of Hollywood along Beverly Drive to Highland and then south to the Miracle Mile area on Wilshire Boulevard. This morning I decided to take San Fernando Road south to the Chinatown area, then downtown to 2nd street, into the 2nd street tunnel (you've seen it a thousand times in movies etc) and then left on Beaudry and right on 6th and then crossing over to Wilshire and through Koreatown to work. I found this morning's ride very nice as it afforded me long stretches of open road (San Fernando etc) and a change of scenery. I leave for work as close as 6am as I can, so at that hour in the morning traffic is very light in Los Angeles, it is also a lot cooler than my 4pm commute home. I might look for some other routes to try soon, I like the change.

No comments: